So it’s pretty late here, after a pretty taxing day, but as I kick back and watch an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 I am just drawn into some thoughts about some random stuff. So join me in the walk through my mind..
1) I spent this past weekend watching a couple of cartoons series that have some buzz. One, completely earned. Gravity Falls was everything I had heard and more, I’d recommend you check it out. The other? Meh it was ok. Star vs the Forces of Evil had some real hits but about the same number of misses. The season finale showed some depth and gives me hope that season two will finish working the bugs out.
2) While Cinematic Titanic and Rifftrax are great, the jokes are usually better that the original MST3K series or at least seem more worked out, nothing can cheer me up like Mike or Joel and the bots mocking Manos the Hands of Fate or Hobgoblins.
3) I keep moving toward starting the podcast but my own insecurities hold me back, so to compensate I’m going to run a Twitch Channel test tomorrow and see if I can get over this irrational stage fright.
4) When did fans forget what storytelling is? Hydra Cap is just the most recent event that had fans calling for the heads of the writers/creators. Everyone jumps at the first bump in the story instead of waiting till the rides over. I guess it’s one of those things that happens when we have an instant gratification mentality thanks to the internet.
5) Yup wrestling is fun to watch sometimes.
Just some of the rambling in my ADHD brain.